10.02.2010

"Home" Again

Week back in Missouri, back "home." It's been 20 years since I left for college and the Pacific Northwest. While I've been back and forth quite a bit over the years, so much seems to have changed since I last really looked. Driving through town today with mom, she pointed out the library is no longer the library and the old high school is completely gone. The other day, at my nephew's football game, I saw for the first time that the building I went to 5th and 6th grade in is also completely gone. I have a lot of good memories of the library and it actually makes me kinda sad to know that I'll never be able to go back. There's a really pretty, much larger, new library, but feeling wistful. Kinda like I went to bed one day and woke up 20 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment