12.26.2010

The Best Gift EVER

Six months ago I wished for something HUGE. I desperately wanted more time with my mom, to continue growing closer with my sister, and for Jovi to be OK. I just wanted things to be back to normal, even boring. Nothing more than just to sit all together for a meal without thinking about cancer, without worrying about what was next, without fear for my spouse. 

I could have received nothing this year but uneventful time with the folks I love. Six months ago, I wasn't sure this was possible again. Six months ago, this was in the realm of fantastic wishes, unrealistic thinking. Six months ago, I wasn't sure it was wise to even envision the possibility of another holiday all together with everyone well. I had to hunker down in the moment and accept a "new reality." 

Yesterday was more than I could have wished for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment